Sunday, June 10, 2007

Term 1 Update

The first term at VFS is rapidly coming to an end. We have ten more days, to be specific. Time is definitely going fast, and that tells me that things are pretty good.

Of course, not everything is roses. I'm learning that I suck at pitching if for no other reason than I don't remember the details of my pitches all that well. I suppose I'm going to get better at it -- that's the hope. Actually, I will say that my success at pitching ideas has boiled down to the person I'm pitching for: When I pitch for Kelsey, I do pretty well. When I pitch for Kat, I feel the noose tightening.

Other than that, I'm pretty stoked about being here. There's something inherently cool about studying movies for a living. I'm gaining respect for good screenwriters because I'm learning how difficult it is to BE a good screenwriter. On my Facebook page, I've started analyzing films for themes and iconography, and practicing my loglines at the same time. It's quite enlightening to watch a movie this way, although it is equally pleasing to then sit back and just enjoy a film for what it is -- entertainment.

So, now I will pop in a DVD this evening. Hey, it's homework, really. Again, pretty damn cool.

No comments: